Article may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
a. Black, dress.
(1) Type. The black dress neck tab is an optional purchase item.
(2) Description. The material is polyester and cotton broadcloth in Army shade 305. It is a quarter-moon neck tab, which fits under the collar of the white formal blouses.
(3) How worn. The black dress neck tab is worn with the white formal blouse, with mess and the evening mess uniforms.
b. Black, service.
(1) Type. The black service neck tab is a clothing bag issue item.
(2) Description. The material is polyester and cotton, precured durable press, plain-weave poplin, in an inverted Vshape, in Army shade 305. The neck tab wraps around the neck under the collar of the female long- and short-sleeved, and tucked-in and overblouse service shirts, and fastens to itself with a hook-and-loop fastener. The neck tab design is one of overlapping tabs forming an angle.
(3) How worn. The neck tab is worn with the Class A uniform, and with the long- and short-sleeved, and tucked-in and overblouse styles service shirts. The neck tab is required for wear when the long-sleeved shirt is worn without the Class A coat. It is also required for wear when the long-sleeved and short-sleeved shirts are worn with the Class A coat. The neck tab is optional when the short- and long-sleeved shirts are worn with the black pullover and cardigan sweaters.